Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sunday dinner Italian Slab Pie


I made this slab pie in the Summer and while there is nothing wrong with that at all, now that the days and nights are cooler and darker it makes me think that this would be a lovely Fall dish too although really it's just a darn good recipe to eat any time at all.

I didn't make our pie spicy as the kids and The Grandpa aren't spice fans and I subbed the fennel for celery and it was a huge hit, especially with The Grandpa who took home extra leftovers, so that means this is definitely a make again.


I'm in a soup phase right now with the suddenly cooler days  - this creamy potato soup is a favorite around here and also some onion soup to use up some delicious farmers market onions.  I don't often follow a recipe when i make onion soup but I always make cheesy croutons to top with .