Thursday, March 13, 2014

no ingredients were measured in the making of this meal

I had a craving for chicken stew a few weekends ago, but I couldn't find a recipe that appealed to me, so I winged (wung?) it. 

I heated a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat, and added chopped onion, celery, and carrot.


While that was softening, I cut some potatos into chunks.


Back to the pot - in went a couple of spoonfuls of flour and chopped garlic.  Stirred often over medium heat for about 10 minutes.


I added a carton of low sodium chicken broth,turned the heat back up to medium high, and stirred until it was thick and simmering.


Next I added chopped cooked chicken, and seasoning - salt and pepper, thyme, a bit of poultry seasoning and also some saltless seasoning.


A couple of minutes before serving I stirred in a few handfuls of frozen peas.


It was delicious and easy!

Has Spring sprung where you live?  Yesterday afternoon was so beautiful and sunny.  My fingers are crossed that Spring may be here to stay!