Friday, July 30, 2010

Cinnamon Bun French Toast

I found these photos lurking about on my computer so I thought I'd share this with you. This is from last year, the fall I think, before the baby was born. I met up with Mary and Stephanie online and we made cinnamon buns. They were delicious, although don't ask me for the recipe, I have no idea where it came from. I think I made 12 buns, which is a lot for 2 people, even when one of those is ginormously pregnant and so when the last few started to go stale I decided to make them into french toast, just to do something different.

I cut the buns in half through their middles:

And whisked together some eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon, in which I briefly soaked the buns.

I cooked them as you do "regular" french toast - over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.

Smeared with a little butter and some maple syrup, they were a delicious, and a little different, breakfast.