Friday, April 19, 2024

sunday dinner - copycat alice springs chicken

 I hardly go onto facebook any more.  Ever.  I'd love to delete it entirely, but not only does The Girls school and one of their activities communicate via fb, it's the only way I'm in contact with some family members, so I check in from time to time.

During one of my check ins, some random recipes posts popped up, and I found a couple of things that looked worth trying, including this copycat alice springs chicken recipe from Outback Steakhouse.  I THINK The Mister and I went to an Outback years and years ago in Edmonton.  We had the signature blooming onion, which was NOT very good, and I was super disappointed.  

I am sure neither of us ordered this chicken dish, and once I read the recipe to The Mister he was on board for it for Sunday Dinner.

It was really easy to put together, and SO GOOD.  Everyone, including the kids loved it, and the leftovers were all gone by the next day.  Almost unheard of in this house.