Wednesday, June 22, 2022

cookbook clean up 31 - Aces - More Recipes From The Best of Bridge

 If you are Canadian and grew up in the 70's, 80's or 90's, there is a good chance that your mom had at least one Best of Bridge cookbook in your house.  My Mom had a few and while I loved everything she cooked out of them, I also loved just reading the books for the recipes and cheesy jokes too.


 

This is Aces - More Recipes From The Best of Bridge - and I think The Mister bought this one from the used bookstore for me.  This one covers pretty much all the categories - breakfast, appies, mains, veggies, desserts..... 

It's a straightforward book, most recipes are less than a page, with few photos.

 This book was already a winner for me based on this chicken and asparagus recipe alone, but we tried a whole bunch more stuff.

We tried 3 cookie recipes - granola cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and macadamia cookies in which I subbed walnuts for macadamia nuts.  Soooooooo good.  We made a honey mustard chicken that was good, and a sticky chicken that was bland.  Pesto lasagne  - delicious!  Fried noodles Singapore made with pork instead of chicken and shrimp, and pasta with artichoke sauce.


 





This one is definitely staying on the shelf - there is lots more I want to try!

Back on the bookshelf - 16 Donated -15