Thursday, March 17, 2022

no bake nutella oreo cheesecake

 The Boy has been showing some on/off interest in cooking the past while.  Most of the time when he says he'd like to try to make a certain dish he means at that exact moment in time, not taking into consideration that I don't have the ingredients or maybe it's 8 am on a Saturday and I'm working overtime and can't stop to make bagels from scratch and have them ready in 5 minutes because you are hungry and think 5 minute homemade bagels are a thing.  (If you DO want to make your own bagels, please read this old post of mine from a zillion years ago.  I remember that day and those bagels.  SO good.)

So even though he does throw out ideas for meals, few suggestions actually make it to the preparing stage as he is an impatient 12 year old boy and also forgetful like his mother.

But this one, he would not let go.  Even when I told him the only way we would make it was if he went shopping with me for the ingredients.  He (reluctantly) agreed and we went off to the store to spend eleventy billion dollars on cream cheese, nutella and oreos. 



 When we got home with our ingredients The Girl demanded that she help too, and by the time the cheesecake was in the fridge to chill, the kitchen would have been cleaner if I had just set off a bomb and thrown food directly at the ceiling.  BUT!  That Sunday night for dessert we had the most wonderful decadent cheesecake.

The sad part of this post is that neither The Boy or I can now find the recipe to share with you.  We made this about a month ago from a link on Instagram.  He was sure he'd saved it and I was sure he'd messaged me a copy of the recipe but we both came up empty.  What I can tell you is that it had a (delicious) crust of crushed oreos and butter, 2-3 (expensive) packs of cream cheese, a jar of nutella (although we used a different brand that was on sale, much to the dismay of The Boy), whipped cream and chopped up oreos in the filling.  You were supposed to top the cake with more nutella and more oreos but we didn't have any of either left, and really it didn't need it.

I've spent some time looking for the recipe and can't find anything that I know for sure is the same or similar, but I'm sure you really can't go wrong with any cheesecake with such delicious ingredients.