Saturday, March 12, 2022

Gyudon and more vegetarian cooking

 This one came from Instagram, I think?  A Japanese beef and egg bowl. 

It was easy and quick, the kids hated it, the adults liked it. 

Gyudon 

______________________________________

Last weekend The Boy decided that he wants to become a vegetarian (again).  He did this once before, last year, or maybe even the year before, and lasted just long enough for me to buy a bunch of stuff for him before he changed his mind.  This time we're a full week in and he seems to be sticking to it.  He's 12 now (!!!) and I have no problem with him trying this out as long as what he's eating isn't complete crap.  He had meat once this week - we told him not to put any pressure on himself, if you want to eat meat one day, do it.  He said he might eat meat once a year, so I guess that day has come and gone until 2023.  :)

I have been working A LOT and now trying to figure out meals feels like it just got harder.  The Mister likes vegetarian meals but he also likes meat.  The Girl hates everything.  I'm too tired to care much.  Hoping to sit down today with some books and find some good things to try.  

Got suggestions? I'll take 'em!