Thursday, November 25, 2021

crispy potato skins

 I saw this somewhere but I forget where - either Instagram or Tik Tok, and Tik Tok is more likely - that when you peel potatos, to not throw away the peels, but to cook them in your air fryer (or oven) until crisp for a chip-like snack.

We made mashed potatos a couple of weekends ago for Sunday dinner and so I saved the peels, and the next weekend when I rediscovered the container of peels in the fridge and they hadn't gone bad, I cooked 'em up in the air fryer.


I preheated the air fryer on the air fryer setting at 400' for a few minutes, and while that was happening I tossed the peels with some oil and some Kinders Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning.  I went a touch too heavy on both, but it was fine.

I cooked the peels, tossing with tongs every 3-4 minutes, for around 10 minutes.  Next time I might go a minute or two longer to make sure all the peels are crisp, but some slightly less crisp pieces are delicious too.

These were, or course, only a hit with me and The Mister, as the kids acted like I was trying to get them to eat garbage.  They are so annoying.  So I hid in the kitchen with The Mister and we ate them all up.  The end.