Saturday, November 13, 2021

baked apples and pumpkin treats that are recipeless

 We got roped into a fundraiser selling apples from Davison Orchards and ended up with 2 bog boxes of apples.  I am not complaining even one little bit because A - they were the most delicious apples I've ever had and B - we didn't get out to Davison Orchards this year, so it was nice to be able to get our hands on some apples.  

We ate apples straight up, in pie, in crisp, in bread, in smoothies, diced into yogurt, and baked.  The baked apples were very pretty, and pretty tasty.  And preparing them broke my apple corer.



 Everyone liked them, but didn't love them, so I guess it's ok that I can't find the recipe to share.  We were all pretty full after that dinner and no one ate a full apple so I had 2 left over that sat in the fridge for a few days.  I ended up making a smoothie out of them, adding some water and ice, a couple of spoons of yogurt to the blender.  Since the apples were filled with oats and brown sugar and spices, the smoothie turned out very well.

____________________________________________________

I also made a very nice pumpkin cake that I found on Tik Tok, and some good pumpkin muffins too, and have no idea where to find either recipe.