Thursday, November 18, 2021

Sunday dinner - Smothered Chicken


We really haven't had a lot going on over here lately; still staying home a lot and avoiding people, still working lots.  The kids got sick and passed it to us for a while.  I am not reading as much as I was earlier this year.  Haven't been trying many new recipes, and the couple I did try recently weren't hits with any of us.  

We've now had the time change (which I HATE with a fiery passion) so it's dark and cold all the time which makes me want to do things - anything - even less.  It's all very blah right now.

But I did make this lovely smothered chicken for last Sunday dinner, and it was a hit with me and The Mister, and a moderate hit with everyone else.  What I like about this dish is that it was easy, and other than being paranoid that the liquid would evaporate away and the chicken and veggies would burn - you just need to check on it a couple of times during the 2 hours cooking time.  The recipe calls for onions, celery and bell pepper, but I think carrots would be great in there too, maybe sweet potato?  Or zucchini?  Endless options and a really good Fall or Winter meal.

Smothered Chicken