Monday, July 26, 2021

sunday dinner - lettuce wraps and noodle salad

 It has continued to be hot here, we've been over 30'c every day but one for over a month, I believe.  It's hot; the smoke from the fires is gross, everything is covered in ash; the Interior is SO dry; I hate cooking.  

We made some lettuce wraps, summer rolls and noodle salad for a recent Sunday dinner, and my favorite part was the crispy rice paper wraps.  I saw these made on Tik Tok last year but was skeptical, but I am here to tell you they are super easy and delicious.


 We had some chicken and salmon for the wraps, as well as a plate with cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, and pea shoots.  Since I bought rice paper wraps to make the crisps, I made a few summer rolls for the kids with their toppings of choice wrapped in softened rice wraps.  I haven't made those for years!  So delicious.


 I found this Saigon sauce at Fresh Street Market; not sure where the peanut coconut sauce was purchased, but they were both AMAZING. 


 I made a noodle salad as well, and instead of buying a head of cabbage to shred to add to the salad with other veg, I bought a bag of coleslaw mix and used that.  A nice time saver.


 The wraps were inspired by this Lettuce wraps with rice crisps recipe from Chrissy Tiegen's Cravings website, should you be interested.