Wednesday, October 02, 2019

my favorites in september

September flew by even faster than August, which I didn't think was possible.  I still don't have my shit together.

Here's some things I enjoyed in September - 

Podcasts - 

NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour - short entertaining podcasts on movies, music, tv, plays....lots of fun information on (mostly) light topics.

Life Will Be The Death of Me with Chelsea Handler - I discovered this podcast at the gym one morning and it keeps me going on the elliptical - interesting guests and topics.  The ones with her psychiatrist are my faves.  I am enjoying it so much I borrowed the book from the library and am almost done it.

Audiobook -



Unlearn: 101 Simple Truths for a Better Life by Humble The Poet. SO GOOD.


Gratitude Journal:


I bought my Boo (bff) and I each a copy of this journal because we both need a swift kick in the ass to pull ourselves up.  


The C64 - 


This shows how old I am, but we had a Commodore 64 computer when I was a kid, and we had a super awesome game called Jumpman that my dad, mom and I all loved to play.  We spotted this game system in Toys R Us, and lo and behold - IT HAS JUMPMAN ON IT!!!!!!!!!
My dad bought this for me for my birthday - a truly sweet gift.


In Kamloops -

Klasske's Bistro - I wrote about this location years ago, when it was under a different name and owner, but the food is still delicious.  Chicken donair with spinach, tomato, cucumber, onions, banana peppers and sweet sauce.  Booyah.



Ms. Whimsy's Gift Emporium - a new and super cute store that's located on Second across from City Hall.  The merchandise is almost exclusively Canadian - from bags and hats to tea and chocolate to magnets and teapots to soap and bath bombs, there is a lot to see.  I heard a rumor there are Halloween themed bath bombs now, so I better go back soon.