Sunday, October 06, 2019

Cookbook Cleanup #7 - Brown Eggs and Jam Jars



Brown Eggs and Jam Jars! This is one of my newer books, I got it as a gift last year. I borrowed it from the library, read 3 pages and told The Mister that I wanted to own my own copy.  And so he had an easy time birthday shopping.

This is a big wonderful book packed with amazing photos, plenty of homesteading tips, and so many delicious recipes.

I made 7 recipes from the book -

Cinnamon Shortbread Bars with Dark Chocolate Ganache


This could be one of the most amazing cookies ever.  EVER.  It was a hit with family and coworkers alike and I will be making this on the regular from now on.  So delicious.

Roasted Cherry Molasses Cookies


A bit more time consuming than your usual cookies, but home roasted cherries in a cookie is pretty damn delicious.

Roasted Rhubarb Eton Mess


Dig my pretty meringues!

Everyday Sandwich Bread


What's better than one loaf of bread?  2.

Gingered Beef and Cheesy Bean Burritos


I added some salsa and extra cheese!

I also made Whole Wheat Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Orange Zest, and a most wonderful Chicken Leek Shepherd's Pie.

This book is a must have!  I look forward to continuing to explore the recipes this winter.


Cookbook Cleanup results so far - Bookshelf -4  Donated - 3