Monday, August 05, 2019

my favorites in july

I am going to chime in with everyone else and say "Can you believe it's August???"
For real!  July seems long and short at the same time and it was a mostly good month.
I feel like August is already going faster so I'm making sure I enjoy it.  Before we can blink Summer will be gone and the snow will be here.

Here's a list of some things I really enjoyed in July -

On Netflix -


  Stranger Things - I wasn't a fan when it first came out and I only made it through one episode before I told The Mister to go ahead and watch without me.  I decided to give it another chance when some friends talked about how good season 3 was, so I watched seasons 1 & 2 by myself and now The Mister and I are about halfway through season 3.


Blown Away - a competition show about glass blowing.  SO GOOD.  Watch it immediately.



Workin' Moms - my Boo (bff) had mentioned this show to me a few times but I don't get many opportunities to watch "regular" TV shows, especially non child friendly ones.  I started watching this one at night in bed after I got caught up on Stranger Things, and I flew through the 2 seasons Netflix has.  The third season will be added in approximately 22 days (not that I am counting....) but season 4 is still in production and wont' be on CBC until late 2020.  Deep breaths.

***********************

Mac Salad - I found an article about Hawaiian Mac Salad on facebook and I made it right away since The Mister loves mac salad and I love Hawaii.  It was very good, and it didn't give me that throat closing feeling that most other mac salads do - maybe from the vinegar?
The bowl didn't last long and I will be making it again soon - Hawaiian Mac Salad

***********************

Last Christmas I did a bit of shopping in the Kamloops Art Gallery Store,
and I picked up a little something for myself as well, a bottle of Thieving Bastards spray from  Element Botanicals.
It is amazing and I love it.  I went back there this month and yay!  They had some new sprays and I picked up Quick Fix and Ritual.

***********************

I joined a gym! Last week was my first week and I went every weekday - Monday to Friday.  I realized how much I missed working out.  My plan is to go during the week - weekends are too hard to get away from the kids.  Once I get rid of this Summer cold/cough thing I've got I am going to ramp up my workouts, and hopefully see some physical and mental progress.

**********************

My work commutes have been feeling pretty funny lately as I am listening to Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan.

*********************

We've been hitting the Saturday Farmers Market every week and it's been a good year.  We've been buying cherries and blueberries almost weekly, as well as gorgeous spinach (out of season now) and lovely potatoes.  We always stop at Bohemia Bakery to see if they have any of their giant soft pretzels, and the kids always talk The Grandpa into buying them a lemonade.

*********************

We introduced the kids to journaling earlier this year and while Spring and Summer have thrown us off our weekly schedule, we get it in when we can.  I am the least artistic person in the world, but I managed some not completely hideous drawings in July thanks to discovering Splendid Scribbles on Instagram.  Scroll through the posts and you will find some easy to follow "how to" posts.

********************

Happy Holiday Monday!  Have a great day.