Saturday, March 23, 2019

Churro Brownies

There is a small group of us at work that have been taking turns bringing in weekly treats to get us through these last gross weeks of winter. We've had cheesecake, and cheesecake topped brownies, and apple pie, and cinnamon buns and cupcakes and ice cream and none of this is doing my bod any good but it's been fun to have something to look forward to, and to take a break and have a few laughs over a delicious snack.

For my first contribution I made Churro Brownies from The Homesick Texan.


It isn't really a brownie as there is no chocolate.  But it is sweet and salty and so delicious.



Everyone was impressed and loved it as much as I did.  This is a make again for sure.

My next week to contribute is coming up and I'm stuck trying to think of something.  I found an old recipe of my mom's for fudge and I'm thinking about giving that a try.  I don't ever remember my mom making fudge, so I'm a bit worried about how it will turn out.  But that is part of the fun, isn't it?