Sunday, February 03, 2019

2019 - February 3 - Day 34 - A Morning in Pictures

My alarm went off at 5 this morning, and I crawled out of bed at 5:30 to see how cold and snowy it was.  
I thought I might do some yoga this morning before I started the less fun jobs but instead I crawled under my blanket in the living room and finished my book.
Got moving at 6:30 - we bought a weather monitor station at Costco last month (The Mister's favorite hobby is obsessing about the weather) and it told me that it was -20 out, with windchill -26.  Wheeeeeee.


I read my to-do list that I wrote last night and decided to start with cleaning the fridge.


This is the after and it's still very full because we are having a Lunar New Year dinner with my Dad tonight.  Lots of delicious dishes are planned.


Next I made tomorrow's dinner - Sour Cream Enchiladas.  I am very excited to try this tomorrow; it was easy to make and looks wonderful.


Cheese grated with my Grandmother-in-laws cheese grater.  I hate grating cheese - hate it! - but The Mister wasn't up yet so I did it myself.


The Girl made herself a peanut butter, strawberry jam and dried apricot tortilla for first breakfast.


For dessert tonight I'm making pineapple hamantaschen.  I made the filling and the dough early as they both need to chill.  The recipe left out the amount of water needed for the dough - I used 3 TB.  We will see shortly if that works out.


Here's the baked enchiladas.  Mmmmmm.


Yesterday morning I read through all the recipes to make my shopping list.  This morning I read them again for timing and discovered that the noodles for the Crispy Chow Mein needed to be cooked in advance so they can dry out, and the shrimp mixture for the Crispy Prawn Balls needs to be in the fridge for a while too.  I cooked the noodles and laid them out to dry, then warmed up the car and drove to my Dad's to get the shrimp. 


Getting ready to make the Hamantaschen - the filling has cooled.


We went to the library yesterday.  Got 2 cookbooks and one memoir.  If I get all the dinner prep done soon, laundry finished, dusting done, and journal work, I can have some reading time!


Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.  Stay warm, be kind, do something nice for yourself today.