Saturday, September 25, 2010

Can You Cook Rachael Ray Recipes in 30 Minutes? Recipe 5 - Soup

I chose this recipe specifically because I had some Italian sausage in the freezer.  Don't you love it when you can make a meal that doesn't require a trip to the store?  I do.

This is Pasta e Fagioli, our 5th recipe.

This was easy. Cook sausage, cook veggies, add broth, cook pasta. A terrific soup for a cool Fall night. Again, my only beef (hee!) with this recipe would be the amount of sausage. It just seems like an excessive amount of meat.


Unbelievably, this took the longest of any of the recipes so far, just over 38 minutes.

But you know what? This was excellent. Excellent, excellent. The best soup that I've made in a long time. Even though it took longer than 30, this would be at the top of my list.

Tomorrow, our last recipe.