Thursday, August 13, 2015

Salted Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies

I have such a weakness for peanut butter. And jam. 
Sandwiches, cookies, toast, crackers, waffles. Spoons. 

I'm in a treat zone right now, where I'm trying to make sure we always have some sort of cookie, cake or square available for snacking. 
It backfires on me fairly often as none of us are super big sweets people, so I end up freezing things until I can give them away. 

But still I persist. 
I took advantage of the recent break in the hot weather to try out a newly saved recipe on Pinterest - Salted Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies from Bon Appetit. 


I thought the recipe was a bit stingy on the amount of jam, 
so I just spooned on jam until it looked good to me.
I had to be stingy with the peanuts as there were only crumbs left in the container.

I loved how rich but not overly sweet these are.  
Comfort food but sorta fancy.  Also - my first blondie!