Sunday, April 27, 2014

Smackdown - Drop Biscuits

Ok! Let's do another Smackdown, shall we?

 This time we're moving into the land of carbs with biscuits. Drop biscuits.

First up is Trisha Yearwoods Easiest Muffins recipe. Yes, it's called a muffin, but I think that it's more like a biscuit, and this is my blog and my Smackdown.
Anyhoo.

What drew me to this recipe was the incredibly short list of ingredients, and the addition of sour cream. These came together super quick and looked pretty darn good.


They tasted good too - and I loved the tang from the sour cream.
Unfortunately, I found these were best eaten right after they were made, which for a small family caused a problem - we can't eat 12 biscuit/muffins in one sitting.
I took one to work the next day with my lunch, but I did not enjoy it. The many leftovers were tossed a few days later.

Competing against Trisha is The Pioneer Woman's Cheddar Chive Drop Biscuits.
A few more ingredients and a bit more time than the easy muffins.
 But they too came out of the oven looking like a biscuit should:


I usually only buy mild cheddar,so the cheese didn't particularly add anything to the biscuit. The green onion was nice, and they had a good texture. 
These held up well as leftovers, and got the seal of approval from my father. 

The winner - by a hair - 



The Pioneer Woman. 

The texture, appearance and leftover factor pushed it over the edge.