Saturday, January 10, 2009

More recipe testing for Urban Vegan

Here's some more pictures of recipes I've tested for the upcoming cookbook from urban vegan:

Sorry for the teeny picture. I don't know what's up there. Anyhoo, these are foil roasted beets with horseradish vinaigrette. i'm not usually a horseradish fan, but it's not overpowering and goes well with beets.

This is a tasty hot drink called a Rico Suave-chocolate soy milk kicked up with booze, served in my favorite mug.

Portobello Burritos, filled with mushrooms, beans and all sorts of tasty stuff.

Shiitake on a Shingle. Do you love that name??? A vegan version of the old chipped beef recipe.

John's Marinara Sauce. John makes a mighty fine sauce, let me tell you.

Double Apple Cake, and my fingers.

Tamarind BBQ Sauce. So delicous, and lovely on roasted potatos.

Potatos with 40 Cloves of Garlic. To keep those pesky vampires away.

Sandwich Mousse -a fun meat free sandwich filling.

Homemade Wholegrain Tortillas. Mine tasted better than they look.

Lemon Scented Carrots with Capers and Coriander. A nice zippy dish.

Pear Pepper Chutney. Great with crackers.

The perils of recipe testing: a failure. Raspberry Swirl Poundcake.

But then we rebounded with this fab Red Pepper Sauce which we gobbled down in 2 days.

This Piri Piri Sauce is marinating in my pantry for the next 2 weeks.

Minty Mojitos. Almost as good as my Moms.

Bajan Rum Punch. Can't wait to mix a batch of these in the summer. My first time with bitters too.


Have a loverly weekend! I'll be back on Monday with a Weekend Cookbook Challenge posts that shows the world I don't know how to count.