Monday, March 27, 2006

Chipolte Chicken Quesadillas

The grocery store near our house sells the most wonderful chicken quesadillas on occasion. Not all the time, just whenever they feel like it, I guess. Does that annoy you too, when certain items or brands are not consistently stocked? Happens at our grocery store fairly often. Drives me crazy. Here's what we make when they don't have any in the deli.

In a small bowl, mix one finely minced canned chipolte chile with 2 or 3 tb of mayo. Spread on one side of 4 tortillas.
On two of those sides, layer your chicken, tomatos, peppers and onions. Top with some cheese, and the other tortillas.
Then cook over medium to medium low heat on both sides until the cheese is melted and the tortillas and light brown and crisp. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
A big P.S. -
This is my favorite brand of chipolte peppers! They have a wonderful smokiness, a very smooth sauce and the peppers are always a good uniform size. Check them out if they are sold where YOU live.

4 comments:

it's only fuel said...

Your quesadillas look wonderful, I'm not a big fan of chipotle...it's too earthy for me. But I like th way it looks on paper:D

Anonymous said...

WOW Sara!!! They look great!

Sara said...

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Morgan said...

I'm from Calgary and am wondering where you get thoses peppers, as they look very good! Just found the blog today and am enjoying.