Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Steak with spicy tomatos and feta



I love tomatoes and feta cheese any way I can get them. Here's a good, fast and tasty recipe. My amounts are just a guideline. It's all approximate, so put in however much of each ingredient you want.

steak
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
1/2 to 1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced finely
handful cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup or so of feta

Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet and put under the broiler until they start to pop. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix about 1/3 cup of olive oil and the rest of the ingredients. Add the tomatoes, mix gently and season with salt and pepper. Cook your steak as you like them, then slice thinly, plate and top with the tomato mixture.

Fuzzy picture! But doesn't it look good?

4 comments:

Little Mama said...

This looks great. I also love feta. I would have never thought to put jalapenos with it, but I will have to give it a try.

it's only fuel said...

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Yours makes me hungry! These steak and tomatoes...yum. So simple, I might try this tonight, I have a surplus of tomatoes for some reason right now.

Gia-Gina said...

This does make me hungry, I miss greek salad and don't make it much since the hubby does not like cukes. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Rachel said...

yum!