Saturday, October 28, 2023

bites

 Because spooky season is almost over, here are my little yarn pumpkins that I started making early this month


I saw - the the ole ticky toks of course - a recipe to scoop out the inside of your bagel and fill it with egg and ham and cheese and air fry it.  We didn't have any bagels but we did have buns and gave it a go and was so good.  I still haven't tried it with bagels.


We had a ton of cherry tomatos all ripen at once and we tried a marinated baked recipe that was pretty meh, so we squished them and covered them in feta and baked them and ate it on bread. 


Speaking of feta, I also tried the feta egg recipe, where you sprinkle feta in your pan, let it start to melt and then crack in an egg.  I don't like fried eggs, so I tried a scrambled, and it worked pretty well.  Cherry tomatos on top of course.


These pancake-sausage bites were GOOD - add cooked crumbled sausage and shredded cheddar cheese to your prepared pancake batter and bake as muffins or mini muffins.


I had a bunch of apples that were suddenly not looking their best, so I searched for a fast applesauce recipe and found a super super great one  here - not only does it not have any added sugar, but you don't even had to peel the apples!  The authors pureed the skins into their sauce - i pulled them out after it had cooled for a bit and left the sauce chunky.  So good.