Sunday, September 03, 2023

cookbook cleanup 42-46 - big summer blowout

 A lot of things happened this summer, including both The Mister and I having less than stellar checkups with our doctors.  The Misters was a bit of surprise, mine was not.  I have been avoiding taking care of both my mental health and physical health, and that has come to bite me in the ass.  Let this be a lesson to you - take care of yourself, you are worth it, even if you think you are not.

The day before we left for holiday I decided to stop doing laundry and packing and instead focus on what was really important - cleaning out my cookbook shelf.  

Most of these are going because having so many cookbooks makes me tired and anxious, and I wanted to get rid of that feeling.  And also, will I ever cook from most of these books again/at all?  It was a hard question because I have loved cookbooks for so long, but it just isn't realistic for me any more.

So these 5 have hit the road.  Another 5 tomorrow.






 Back on the bookshelf - 20 Donated -26