Tuesday, September 12, 2023

almond butter dates

 over on the old tickety toks people are making stuffed dates, date bark, and i'm over here trying to curb my sweet tooth and eat better so I gave the stuffed dates a try.

First i made the traditional ones - smear the dates with almond butter and dip into melted chocolate.

I was trying to be frugal with the amount of chocolate I used, so I ended up with a thick drizzle and a sprinkle of some old flaky salt from the cupboard, but oh man were they good.

Neither kid would try them and The Mister politely had one, but I nibbled through them somewhat slowly.  Self control!


One afternoon everyone else was napping/gaming/out and I wanted a snack so badly.  I had 4 dates left and needed something sweet so I made myself 4 almond butter dates, but instead of going through the hassle of melting chocolate and cleaning it up, I stuck a bit of dark chocolate bark into each one and gobbled them down right quick.