Wednesday, April 26, 2023

cookbook cleanup 41 - Aloha Kitchen by Alana Kysar

 Honest, I promise I am buying WAY less cookbooks than I used to, both new and used.  But when I saw a blurb on this one, I just could not resist.  I love Hawaii and I love their food.  

I am so crazy about this cookbook, I can't even tell you.  Buy it.

We tried a lot of recipes, and everyone of them was AMAZING.

I bought a musubi mold for the Spam Musubi, and also Onigiri molds and we made both as well as rolls.

They were SO SO  good and the spam on it's own was delicious as well.


We made the pickled onions and the Namasu.  Amazing.

The mac salad is now our go to mac salad recipe.  We also tried the Local Style BBQ chicken, the Shoyu chicken, and the Mochiko chicken. 


We loved it all and I have a long list of things to go. This book is beautiful to read, look at and cook from.

Back on the bookshelf - 20 Donated -21