Monday, January 09, 2023

birthday cakes 2022

 Y'all, we had a big birthday to celebrate in 2022 - we've hit the teen years!  

The Boy turned 13 - THIRTEEN!!!!!!!!!!! - which seems impossible to me because while I might not be able to remember what I did yesterday, I remember all the painful details of the days and days it took for him to be born.  

His cake request was simple (and moody) - a chocolate cake with blue icing.

Knowing how horrific my decorating skills are, I covered it in sprinkles, artfully leaving 2 shapes in the middle that vaguely resembled a one and a three.

(Let's not speak of the little round turds edging the top of the cake.)


A month and a few days later it was The Girls turn.  She hemmed and hawed until she was running out of time and then decided she wanted a cake decorated like a sloth.  I said no.

No other cake would do though, so I ordered a sloth cake topper from the hellscape of the online company that starts with A and ends in mazon, even though they lost multiple orders of ours this Christmas, and hoped that at least that package would show up, since none of the other ones did.

Thankfully it did.

She requested a blueberry cake, also with blue icing, and it looked basic but cute.


 Everyone was happy and both cakes and frostings were too sweet, but these special days don't last long.  Time keeps on slippin', baby.