Tuesday, September 13, 2022

garden 2022

 Here is a big photo dump of the garden from the last month.  We planted everything in May/June and then really just let it do whatever it wanted.

We did a few herbs, zucchini, carrots, tomatos, bell peppers, lettuce, sunflowers..........I think that's it.  The rhubarb came in early again this year, and the raspberries have been struggling the last few years.  Maybe they need new dirt?





Everything got overgrown and tangled together





SO many zucchini flowers.  When we lived in Calgary I would buy these from the farmers market.  I did not pick any from our plants this year, I wanted them all to grow into zukes, which thank God they did not since we have too many anyway.  Next year I will pick some.


This area is full of flowers, plants, herbs and the rhubarb.  The bees came in full force this summer so we let everything go wild to keep them happy and coming back.  It looks messy but it's nicer in real life.

The carrots are still very wee, but I don't think we thinned them enough and I don't think they are getting enough sun because they are covered by the squash plants.