Sunday, April 17, 2022

garlic butter chicken

 IT'S THE MIDDLE OF APRIL.  HOW.

This year is sailing by way too fast for my comfort.  This was supposed to be a good year for me, to make some changes and improvements.  Those ground to a halt in March and have yet to restart.

The Boy is still eating mostly vegetarian.  He has had meat but only a handful of times, which is admirable.  I am sure I would have caved by now.  He has agreed to have fish sometimes, so that makes me feel a bit better that he is getting enough protein and whatnot.  He's tried a few meatless meat options and has liked most of them - the deli meats are pretty awful though.  I bought him some meatless deli ham and pepperoni for lunches and snacks.  The Mister and I used to eat the veggie pepperoni when we lived in Calgary as we quite liked it, but either we have changed or it has  - none of us liked them at all.

Tonight for Sunday dinner I'm making a turkey breast roast, and salmon for the boy.  Pie from Chrissy Teigen's book for dessert.  I made it last night  - it needed chilling time - and I'm a bit worried of how it will turn out.  Fingers crossed.

There's lots of blue sky out there this morning, but it's chilly.  Spring is off to a cold start this year.

I made this chicken a few months ago, and it was pretty good.I love pretty much anything with garlic and butter.  Keep those pesky vampires away.

  Off to do the Wordle.  Happy Sunday.