Saturday, April 09, 2022

favorites

 This is not a very exciting list because I am not a very exciting person.  Also I am having a very hard time coming to terms with the fact that it is APRIL.  APRIL 2022.  Where is the time going?  It's all slipping by and I have nothing to show for it.  I'm feeling a little depressed.

Let's talk about some shows that I have watched over the past while - 

Somebody Somewhere - I LOVE Bridget Everett so I was super excited for this one, and it was so great.  My fingers are crossed for a season two.

 

The After Party was very good and I enjoyed it more than I expected to.  Ben Schwartz  needs more roles like this.


I googled American Gods when I was reading the book, because I didn't understand something in the book, and found out they'd made a show.  I watched it and loved the first two seasons (mostly because of Mad Sweeney) but wasn't sad that they cancelled it after the 3rd (because no Mad Sweeney in season 3).  But I would re-watch it (solely for  Mad Sweeney.)


Barb and Star go to Vista Del Mar is one of those movies that is so ridiculous, but you also cannot stop laughing.  It was dumb, but it was hilarious. 


Ted Lasso - we finally broke down and got Apple TV so we could watch Ted Lasso, and I don't regret it one bit.


Hawkeye - The Boy is still just a bit into Marvel, and wanted to watch this one and I wasn't excited but said ok.  I have 2 kids and have seen ALL the Marvel movies 11 billion times each and Hawkeye is my least favorite part of all of them, BUT - this is a really good show. 

 


Station Eleven - weird but good.


Yellowjackets!  THE BEST.


 White Lotus - one of those ones where there is not really anyone to like.  


The Tourist - I loved this one so much.  


Yellowstone - my boss mentioned this one to me, which was weird, but I put it on my list, and now The Mister and I are binge watching it whenever the kids aren't around.  A truly bonkers show.


 Servant - this one is WEIRD y'all.  I still don't know what I think.  It's on pause for us right now as we barrel through Yellowstone.



Also one thing that is NOT show related - I have become addicted to Wordle.  I tried it out a few months ago and didn't like it, but I tried again and actually GOT the word, so that certainly piqued my interest.  I don't always remember to do it and I certainly don't always get the word because I get frustrated and impatient, but it's fun.