Wednesday, April 27, 2022

black bean and sweet potato taquitos

 


One of the biggest challenges with a 12 year old deciding to become a vegetarian is trying to make him understand that he has to eat.....vegetables.  I'm not sure what exactly he would eat if he was left to plan and prepare his own meals but I think that kid would have scurvy in no time.

I've had this recipe for black bean and sweet potato taquitos bookmarked for years but I was sure the family wouldn't love it and it would be a waste of food and effort.  But now that we have to try new things to keep The Boy fed, I whipped it out and man was it GOOD.  Good and really, not too much work.  I did add cheese to keep other family members happy, and we all enjoyed it very much.  Even the leftovers didn't last long!  This is a definite repeat recipe.