Wednesday, December 01, 2021

some more favorites

This is a list of only a couple of books and some shows as I have nothing going on in my life but working and sitting at home, trying to stay away from people.

It's also December.  I can't believe it.

 

Only Murders in the Building - we haven't quite finished this one yet.  It is SO FUN.  I adore Martin Short.  He is a treasure.


 Reservation Dogs - also still working on this one.  Love everything about it.  The 4 main actors are incredible.

 

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - so good and so good to see another movie not full of white people.

 

From the Ashes by Jesse Thistle - a hard read, but very good.

 

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi - one of my favorites of the year.

 

Midnight Mass - not my favorite, but it did have Rahul Kohli in it, and he was excellent.


Search Party - I actually started watching this by mistake as I thought it was another show I was wanting to watch but I enjoyed this so much.  The fourth season was not my favorite, but I am looking forward to the last season early next year.


Sex Education - so good! 

 


Haunting of Hill House - after we watched Midnight Mass, The Mister made me watch this one.  I hate jump scares but it was so good, and I cried almost as much as when I watched Bly Manor.


Kim's Convenience - I was sorry to see this end.


 The Boys - LOVE this one.  On Season 2 now.


I May Destroy You - one of the best things I've watched this year.


 

The Great season 2 - there better be a season 3.