Friday, August 27, 2021

favorites lately

 The 2 best books I have read so far this year are The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

The Mister picked up the Hunger Games prequel when it came out last year, and I wasn't very interested in reading it.  I read the Hunger Games books when they came out and I enjoyed them, but I never kept them to reread.  I decided to read this one so I could add it to the donate pile, but I LOVED IT.  My memory of the other Hunger Games books is pretty hazy, but I don't think you have to know them by heart to enjoy this book.  It is long, and if it were up to me there were some sections I would have trimmed, but it's so good.  The ending!!!!!!  Gah!


I added The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo to my wishlish after I finished Daisy Jones and The Six.  Heck, I added all her books to my wishlist.  I got totally pulled into this book and cried so hard I nearly threw up.  And if that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.

 

_________________________________________

The only podcast I'm currently listening to is Keep It.  I started listening from the beginning a while back so I think I'm still in 2019.  But I like it.

_________________________________________

I don't know why I took this picture before I recycled these bottles, but here's some sprays/oils I used up late Spring/early Summer.


 

____________________________________________

I am still on my iced coffee kick, and still continuing to not drink (I will shyly shout out that I have been sober for over 7 years now.  Seven!  Go me!)  so this summer I have tried some different cold coffee drinks and some alternatives to alcohol or pop.  Here's some bad photos of a few drink I've tried this summer, plus the beer cozy that I bought The Mister for Christmas - 





______________________________________

I haven't been watching much TV but here's a few shows I watched that I really liked - 




What are your recent favorites?