Monday, December 14, 2020

Smitten Kitchen morning

 I spent some time on the smitten kitchen website recently, bookmarking delicious recipes, and Sunday morning I headed into the kitchen to do some cooking:

Morning Glory breakfast cake

What a lovely cake!  Everyone enjoyed it, especially The Grandpa, who requested I make another just for him.  And I did.

Then I made some also very delicious whole wheat chocolate oat cookies.

When you put wheat germ and whole wheat flour in a chocolate chip cookie, they are automatically healthy.  It's science.


Next, for breakfast we made a batch of blueberry yogurt multigrain pancakes 

but without the blueberries.  They have rye flour in them, which you don't often see in pancake recipes.

The grownups made pancake sandwiches, with sausage and cheese and hot sauce, and a drizzle of syrup.