Saturday, September 12, 2020

Cornflake Cake

My Boo (eternal BFF) and I had a socially distanced birthday lunch for her this summer, and I decided it was the perfect time to try out a saved dessert recipe, a chocolate cornflake cake.  Well, "cake".  It isn't a true cake.  But there is a lot of chocolate.  What else do you need?





This Chocolate Cornflake Cake (which is apparently a favorite of the Queen's) was very easy to make, although not super pretty.

It did look a little nicer with its ganache topping.  I was so excited about the lunch I forgot to make the salty buttery cornflake topping.

One thing I will say is that this is a FIRM "cake".  The recipe says to let the cake sit at room temperature before serving.  This one sat out for more than an hour and it was still difficult to cut. 


We hacked off a piece to keep and served it for dessert to The Grandpa that night, and he was also a fan.  Another no bake dessert win.