Friday, August 14, 2020

Cookbook Cleanup 18 - Food

Book 18 is Food by Mary McCartney, another book picked up from Dollarama.

 

This is a book of family friendly vegetarian home cooking.  It's a toss up between what is more lovely, the recipes or the beautiful photography, of the food, ingredients, and family photography, including some photos from her famous family.

The table of contents covers breakfast and brunch, sandwiches, soups and salads, mains, sides and desserts.

I made 5 recipes from the book - 

Banana Muffins - super easy AND super delicious

Quick Breakfast Bowl - Yogurt, granola, fruit, nuts, honey - how can you go wrong?


You can't.  And you can customize it however you want.  So good.

Breakfast pancakes were a hit with all of us.

Arty's Chocolate Chip Cookies - always the best kind of cookie.

Choose Your Own Flavor Loaf Cake.  We chose chocolate.


I have to say that going into cooking from this book I was quite determined that this one would go.  I wasn't sure I could find enough recipes that interested me AND that the picky kids would eat, and also because I am determined to cut my cookbook collection down.  But I really really like this book, to look at and cook from.  It's staying and  I've got a list of what to try next:

 Hearty Quinoa and White Bean Soup

Sprout and Carrot Salad

Black Bean, Sweet Corn and Feta Tacos

Lip Smacking Minestrone

Cauliflower Cheese

Yummy Spicy Rice Noodles


Cookbook Cleanup results so far - Bookshelf - 10  Donated - 8