Saturday, March 30, 2019

French Toast cups, banana muffins, chicken cordon bleu and meal planning

I am mentally and physically stuck in huge ruts right now.  My house is cluttered and unorganized and none of my good intention projects have been started.  I am GAINING weight, I feel like this is something I need to focus on here soon as I just can't seem to find long lasting motivation for that either.

Winter has done me in, I think, even though up until the end of January it was not a particularly hard one, but I am done.  I need blue skies and warm air and green grass.

I need happiness and gentle talk and encouragement and I can't find any of that in me lately.

ANYWAY, here are 3 recipes that I made in the past bit that turned out quite well.

French Toast Cups from Chrissy Teigen -

SO good.  Croissants instead of bread mixed with beaten egg and milk and sugar and such and then nestled into a little ham nest for baking.





I made these best ever banana muffins (added some chocolate chips!!!)  and everyone loved them.
They were super easy and good.  My family mowed through them in no time and requested more.


We all really loved Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu  it was an easy weeknight dinner and very delicious.
The idea of just laying the ham and cheese on the chicken is so smart and saves so much time and headaches.  And the sauce was deeeelish.

_____________________________________

I'm heading into the kitchen to start menu planning for the week so I can get groceries today.

I'm considering the following - 


Crock Pot Gyros - The Mister is particularly excited about this one.

Slow Cooker Cajun Fettuccini   - with probably all the spice left out for the kids.

Curried Lentil Tomato and Coconut Soup - no one will eat this but me.


Pina Colada Cake - I really wanted to make this for work but one of the ladies hates coconut so I might make this for Sunday Dinner.
 
What's on your meal plan this week?