Thursday, November 09, 2017

Blueberry muffins for G


Every weekend I make a batch of blueberry muffins for The Grandfather.

They are one of his favorite things ever.

These are serious muffins - low in fat and sugar, and high in fiber.
My kids are not fans.  What a shock!

I've taken my mom's recipe, which she has noted on the paper came from the local hospital, and made a few changes over the multiple times I've made these.

Blueberry Muffins for G

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
3 TB vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp grated lemon or orange zest
1/2 cup Bran Buds cereal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350'.  Line 12 muffin cups with liners.

Beat egg, stir in milk, oil, vanilla, zest and bran buds.  Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir again and add in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.  Gently stir in berries.
Spoon into prepared cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.