Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Monkey Bread

This recipe is from the Best of the Best Cookbook Recipes that I wrote about on Instagram.  I really wanted to make it as I've never made a monkey bread before, but I knew it wouldn't be the sort of thing I'd make at home (too big), so I made it for a treat for my co-workers.
Those people are lucky to have me.


The recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated, but I didn't read that part of the recipe until 9pm the night before, so I made it all in the morning.  You need a few hours; the dough has its first rise, then you form the balls, dunk them in butter and then sugar and cinnamon, put them in the pan and they rise again before baking.


I had major anxiety about making this at work - I hate it when recipes don't work 
out when I'm cooking for people





It turned out amazingly perfect - the dough was tender and the little buns were sweet but not too sweet.  It was easy and fun and a definite keeper.

I am watching out for a savory version to try - got any suggestions?