Monday, February 02, 2009

Round Up! WCC 36 - 5 Ingredients or Less

Good morning everyone, and happy February! Who can believe it's already February? Not me. I decided this morning that, seeing as I have failed epically on my 09 resolutions already (every year I make resolutions and abandon them quickly, however this year for some reason that bothers me) that February is the new January and I'm having a do-over. Who's with me?

Moving on, thanks to everyone who joined me in January for Weekend Cookbook Challenges 36th challenge. Thanks to non-blog-owner-but-reader-of-mine-Lynn for suggesting the challenge for January. Our challenge was 5 Ingredients or Less, and we've got some great stuff. Let's start with:


Rene at Pages, Pucks and Pantry. Thanks Rene for sharing this yummy Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce for dumplings/potstickers/anything you'd like. Looks great!


Check out this interesting smoothie - Banana Basil Smoothie from TriniGourmet. And she liked it! Bananas and basil, who would have thought.


I can't wait to make this for dinner - Broccoli and Cheese Calzone from Joanne at Eats Well With Others.


I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the ingredient list in this Hot and Sour Pork from Jenny at All Things Edible. But Jenny liked it, so there you go.


gaga of gaga in the kitchen shows us how to make scallion pancakes. Pretty cool!


mimi on the move shares these gorgeous honey shortbread cookies.


Judy's Gross Eats went crazy with 3 dishes! Check out her polenta lasagna with smoked mozzarella, eggplant stuffed with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted green beans and kalamata olives.


I made 2 dishes this month, but this one - fake n bake chicken - actually had 6 ingredients because I forgot how to count.


Deb from Kahakai Kitchen is back again with some lovely looking Indian Potato Pancakes. Mmmm!


I'm drooling over these Fries from Navita and her blog Zaayeka. Who told her potatos are my favorite food???


Here's my second dish and I really liked this one alot - Spring Peas with Lettuce and Mint.


This sounds like a perfect dish for this time of year - Red Lentil recipe from Sudeshna from Here I Cook.

____________________________________________________

Thank you all again - everything looks wonderful! If I have made any errors, please let me know.

I am hosting WCC for February, and I hope you will all forgive me for my corny theme - Love.

For those interested in joining me for Weekend Cookbook Challenge for the first time, it's pretty easy. Find a recipe that fits the monthly theme. You can use a recipe from a cookbook, magazine, website, your Mom, whatever. Make it, blog about it with a picture and the recipe (if you like) and email me a link to your post by February 28. I'll have the roundup posted a couple of days after that. My email is iliketocook AT shaw DOT ca.

Feel free to interpret the theme any way you'd like. You could cook from a cookbook you love, or with an ingredient you love. Or use your most loved kitchen appliance! Try out a new recipe for the one you love, whatever you want.

And as always, anyone who would like to suggest an idea for a future challenge or would like to host a month, drop me a note.

Cheers!