Thursday, June 07, 2007

Presto Pasta - Two Pasta Salads

Except for a huge storm that flooded areas of Calgary earlier this week, our weather has much improved from this. We've had lots of sun and heat and I've been trying to use the stove and oven as little as possible. One way we've been doing that is lots of salads. I've got two to share with Ruth this week for Presto Pasta Night. I love pasta salads but I never had any luck making them taste good until I switched from mayonnaise dressings to oil and vinegar. Now I am a fool! I mean, a pasta salad making fool!



I made the salad above with some more frozen veggies from the freezer (zucchini and carrots), diced tomatos and red pepper and fresh pea shoots. I tossed the veggies and pasta with a vinaigrette and lunch was served.



This pasta salad was very delicious - the wonderful avocado pasta salad from Mixed Salad Annie - and oh man, it was so good. I cut the amount of avocado in half and added some leftover grilled zucchini. I left out the fresh herbs (I rarely have them on hand) and used some dried basil and oregano instead. We'll be making this again soon, for sure.

7 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

They both look amazing. Hopefully your crazy weather will stay more in tune with the season! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Lis said...

Yum! I love pasta salads! Although that first one looks delish, I'm really drooling over the second one.. YUM! Thanks for sharing, I'll be trying these soon!

OH! Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!!

I bought Silken Tofu yesterday!!! That's the first hurdle! Now I just have to open the box and cook with it.... heeee!

xoxo

Warda said...

Avocado and pasta are my favorite combination.Looks delicious

Sara said...

Ruth - thanks!

Lis - but what are you going to do with it????

Rose - thank you!

TNL said...

I hope things improve weather wise, yeah, we had a bit of snow last month too.*yuck*

that salad looks really good, and using Orzo is such a good idea. So glad to see you among the Foodtv guest bloggers. :)

trupti

Judy said...

Yeah, pasta salad sure does say 'summer'.

Sara said...

Trupti - more rain this weekend, they say. But as long as there is no more flooding, that's ok with me.

Judy - it's one of my favorite things to eat in the summer.