Friday, October 22, 2004

Today's lunch was....fantastic

I'm a big "bring your lunch to work" person in an office of "let's go out" people. I suppose my main reason is to save money, and if I'm going to spend money on eating out, I want to go somewhere nice and with people who don't want to talk about work for the entire meal.

Today at lunch I went out to do some work errands. I had to stop at the grocery store, and decided to drive a little further down the road to DinoRosa's Italian Market. I got some bread, prosciutto, cheese, olives stuffed with feta and sundried tomatos, tomato paste in a tube, and lemon cookies.

As I was making my way to the deli, I noticed the little open kitchen that is always closed when we are there was open, and damn, did that food look good.

I got the Combo #1 - penne pasta with meat sauce, 2 big meatballs, a chicken breast in mushroom cream sauce, and a garden salad with house vinaigrette. For $7.99! I didn't even eat half of it, it was enormous. I split it with our receptionist, and I'm taking the salad home to have with our chicken fajita's tonight.

The only bad thing about the lunch was that I wanted to take a picture, but all the vultures down the hall came running when they could smell it, so I had to eat as fast as I could.

Bastardos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy has DinoRosa's changed since you were there last. It's under new ownership and boy are they terrible. The guy working the till was very rude and the lady behind the hot food stand wasn't any better. I think it changed ownership because it sure isn't the way it used to be!

Anonymous said...

Boy has DinoRosa's changed since you were there last. It's under new ownership and boy are they terrible. The guy working the till was very rude and the lady behind the hot food stand wasn't any better. I think it changed ownership because it sure isn't the way it used to be!