Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Alton Brown's Hot Crackers




I'm going to be honest - the first 3, maybe 4 months (ie MOST OF IT SO FAR) of this pandemic were very bad for my weight/health.  Verrrrrry bad.  I entered it thinking this would be a good opportunity to work on getting healthier and stronger and maybe drop a few pounds.  Instead I immediately started stress eating everything I could get my hands on, from the time I woke up in the morning until bed.  All day.  Every day.

Right when all of this was gearing up and we knew things were going to change but didn't know in what ways, I went to Costco and dropped $400 on  a big shop for lots of staples (except toilet paper!), including a humongous box of saltine crackers.

I have mentioned before my love of saltines, so if you ever get tired of eating them one after another after another or in your soup, you might want to try Alton Brown's Hot Saltine Crackers.
They take no time at all and you are rewarded with a spicy buttery cracker to inhale by the handful, if that's the thing you're doing.