Friday, July 24, 2020

Cookbook Cleanup Book 17- So Good

I picked up Food by Richard Blais from the Dollarama for $4 last year without looking too closely at it - I've seen him on some food shows before and he seemed like a good guy, so why not drop 4 bucks on a book?


So Good has all the usual chapters - appies, soups, poultry, seafood, red meat, veggies, sides and desserts.  A further look shows that these recipes go deeper than other books I have on my shelf - goat, squab, rabbit.... Things that don't hit our table.

I started looking for some recipes to try, and found even more stuff that wasn't for us - pasta made with bone marrow, a noodle bowl with pigs feet, Oxtail, Abalone.  There is nothing wrong with any of this stuff, it's just stuff we don't eat.

We tried 4 recipes -

Chicken Shawarma -



Radiatore Bolognese - we used pork instead of rabbit

Buttermilk Biscuits

Honeyed Blueberries

They were all good - the bolognese especially.  Would I make any of them again?  Probably not.  Did I find other stuff I wanted to try?  No.

This book is not staying on our shelf, but I hope it finds a home with someone who can appreciate and enjoy the large variety it has to offer.

Cookbook Cleanup results so far - Bookshelf - 9  Donated - 8