Monday, May 19, 2008

Cheesy Bread Bakers

Back in November some fine ladies and I baked up some totally sinful cinnamon buns. I'm still not sure what was the best part, the long instant messaging chat we all had that day, or the excellent buns that were the end result.

We were to meet up again online this month to make a different sort of bun - an ooey gooey cheese bun. Who could say no?

Unfortunately I had a commitment I couldn't get out of and wasn't able to join the fun (and reportedly R rated) online chat, but I did get the buns baked.








These buns were SO easy to make and tasted just heavenly. The only downer for me was that 3 of the buns sort of toppled over in the cooking and looked like cheesy slugs rather than buns, but whatever, that's just me. They tasted super good and were sooooo cheesy. We gobbled one down right out of the oven, shared one for lunch the next day, toasted one up for breakfast another day, and graciously gave one to my parents. They turned theirs into sandwiches with ham and asparagus, but neglected to take a picture or share with me! The nerve.

Please visit Helen, Ivonne, Kelly, Laura Rebecca, Lisa, Mary, Sara, and Stephanie 's blogs to see more cheesy goodness.

19 comments:

Peabody said...

It's so wrong, yet so right. :P

Lis said...

I couldn't agree more, with Gracie. :)

Your slugs have me just about weeping that mine are now all gone too.. MUST. MAKE. MORE.

Love you!
xoxoxo

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have seen these buns around the blogosphere and need to give them a try. They remind me of cheesebread that I used to get from the mennonites with huge chunks of cheese:D

ostwestwind said...

This looks so good, I put it into my to do cookbook

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

mimi said...

slugs or buns, both look great and very delish! i need to try these out soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE your slugs! I'm so sorry you couldn't join us for the chat fest but we kept you in our hearts while we chatted away.

Glad Scott enjoyed the cheesy goodness as much as you.

test it comm said...

Not many things are better than freshly baked cheese bread!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Who could say no to such deliciously cheesey bread? Not me!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Who could say no to such deliciously cheesey bread? Not me!

Deborah Dowd said...

These rolls look delicious and cheesy! What a great idea!

sher said...

Oh. My. God. That's so fabulous looking. As a confirmed cheese nut, I bow to you. (And will bookmark that recipe. Oh yes I will.)

Anne said...

Have just found you, via another blogger's reading list, and I am totally charmed by the cheese slugs (plus they look very yummy). In my house, that's what we're going to call them forever more.

Annie said...

Yum! If you keep this up, you'll be opening your own bakery soon...

Lien said...

Oh, I love these, they look fantastic. I better print out this recipe!!!

jasmine said...

I've been reading a number of these posts. Love cheesey breads..

Yours look so delicious.

j

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Cheesy bread slugs - what could be nicer than that?

gaga said...

OMG! Those look like just about the best things ever! It's definitely going into my ever-growing list of things I want to make.

Anonymous said...

The slugs are the best! They look so full and ready to puff all over...That's what I want all my cheese bread to look like.

gaga said...

Thanks for sharing this. I gave it a try and it was lovely. Thanks again!