Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Chrissy Teigen's Pad Thai Carbonara

 When I got the cookbook Cravings 2 a couple of years ago, the first recipe I wanted to try was the Pad Thai Carbonara, but I was sure my picky family would hate it, so I didn't make it.

And then when I cooked from it for Cookbook Cleanup, again I didn't make the Carbonara, even though I really wanted to.

And then I was just like, screw it!  I want to try this!  So I made it, and I loved it.

Humongous shocker - the kids refused to eat it, but The Mister and I quite enjoyed it.

If you look closely at the picture you can see the sauce is not too smooth - I think my heat was too high and I cooked the sauce a bit too long - I am paranoid about making sure raw eggs in sauces are fully cooked, even though I will eat handfuls of raw cookie dough that contains egg when I make cookies.  I can't explain it. 
 

Recipe from the internet - pad thai carbonara