Saturday, March 20, 2021

my favorites the past while

It's been a while since I did one of these; I've been really focusing on falling apart mentally, emotionally AND physically the past while (year).  (or maybe longer).

I thought I might celebrate the one year pandemicversary by trying to claw my way OUT of the hole I've fallen in to/dug for myself, and since today is the first day of Spring (can I get a yeehaw),  it seems like a good day to start fresh.  Let's start by sharing some favorites.

Ready?  Let's go!

The Haunting of Bly Manor - I don't like scary shows, and I HATE jump scares, but this was SO GOOD.  And SO SAD!  I cried so hard at the end.  And it introduced me to Rahul Kohli who I now have a crush on, and so then I had to watch.....

which made me crush even more.


I will never stop being angry at Netflix for canceling this.


 






_______________________________________________________________

Essential oils - always a part of my daily life.  Peppermint oil is truly a miracle. 

Journaling - I feel like this is something that could be good for me, and while none of my attempts over the years have stuck, I think I've found a system that might work.  I've fallen off the track with it once again but I'm working to get back on and might share my plan here one day.

____________________________________________________

TikTok - oh boy, I've really become hooked on the Tickey-Toks, as I call it to torment The Boy, who would eat, sleep and breathe on the app if we let him.  I am sure I will never make a video on there but I do enjoy all the mindless scrolling that can waste literally hours if I let it.  If you happen to be on the Toks, check out Kallmekris - she is HILARIOUS and also from BC!  Woot!  My other favorite is ghosthoney.  I adore him.  

And from the Tickey-Toks I discovered my new favorite drink that I've had once so far but it was so good - Iced Brown Sugar Oat Shaken Espresso.  So delicious.

_______________________________________________

Friends, I hope you have a good day.  Do something nice for yourself today, and if you can, for someone else as well.