Sunday, December 30, 2018

Book Club - I'm Down by Mishna Wolff



Posting the last of the books I read in 2018!



"At first I was overjoyed to get picked up by Dad and the coolest gang of guys I knew.  But this pride was shattered when, walking toward the car, I noticed all of my classmates staring like they had never seen rust before."

"Your stepmom is right." Dad said nervously.  "You should start contributing to this family."  I didn't want to contribute to this family.  This family needed a lot of work.

I felt myself loving him as he was standing there, and I needed my bad feelings back or I was going to cry and ask him if I could come home.  Instead I let my anger well up at him like nausea.  I thought about the van incident and the business with Yvonne and the shirt.  And I could feel new resentments growing inside me like muscles, making me strong.

__________________________________________

I had read about this book and a few weeks later stumbled across it at the Symphony book sale.  I bought this mid November and to have read it before the end of the year is a big accomplishment for me.