Sunday, December 30, 2018

Book Club - Anne of Green Gables A Graphic Novel adapted by Mariah Marsden


Posting the last of the books I read in 2018!



"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers!"

"Matthew loved to hear you laugh.  He's away now, but he still likes to know it's there.  
Don't feel bound to your sorrow.
Look home, to the place that you both loved, and open your heart to heal.
It would please him."

____________________________________

I am so happy to end this year with such a lovely book.  
The Boy picked this one from the library for The Battle of the Books and he liked it so much he read it 3 times before I was able to get my hands on it.

The artwork is stunning and it is just a wonderful book.

My mom had bought me the original Anne books when I was a kid.  We watched the tv movie together when it came out, and somewhere, hopefully, I still have a photo of her dressed as Anne when she and my dad went out East and visited the heritage site.
I'm pretty sure I don't have my books any more which is sad - I will have to look and if not, head to the used book stores to see what we can find.