Saturday, November 10, 2018

Thai Chicken Pizza



I bought a gigantic bottle of spicy peanut sauce at Costco a few weeks back and used some for the sauce of a chicken pizza on homemade pizza night.
The kids don't like spicy and they don't like to experiment with pizza (boooooring) so this was for me and The Mister.  

Putting a sauce other than tomato on a pizza or what used to be considered "unusual" toppings like chicken on a pizza always make me think about the first different pizza we had on a vacation to the US in the late 80's, and we ate at California Pizza Kitchen and it blew our minds.
I had the Thai Chicken Pizza and whaaaaat?  Chicken!  Carrots!  Bean Sprouts???
We loved it and my parents even bought me a t shirt that came in a pizza box as a souvenier.  
It changed my 'za game.

My children would rather have store bought or take out pizza than homemade, but I usually prefer homemade, unless I am too tired and just want to stop to pick up a pizza after work, get home, throw the ole jammies on and zone out in the living room with my monsters.
Man, that sounds perfect.